Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Something to pique your Pinterest

Is anybody out there on Pinterest?  Though I didn't know what to make of it at first, I am now a regular user and I love the site.  People use Pinterest in all kinds of different ways; some treat it like a photo sharing site, some promote their own websites or products, and some go just to get home decorating ideas or inspiration for recipes or crafts.  As for myself, I use Pinterest mostly as a visual representation of my bookmarks.  I've accumulated so many websites in my bookmarks menu that I refer back to at various times, but they can be hard to organize or recall when looking at nothing but a long series of links - i.e. your standard bookmark menu.  Pinterest lets me build a collection of the sites I enjoy and organize them into themes.  What's even better is that I get to choose a picture from the website as a preview photo to jog my memory about why I bookmarked that page in the first place.

I have at least a dozen boards on Pinterest, but the one I would most like to draw your attention to is my "It's a Stepfamily Affair" board.  This is my collection of stepfamily websites, books, blogs and other resources.  Please take a look at it and let me know if something should be added to the board, including your own blog.  I would like this little garden of stepfamily resources to continue growing, so feel free to send some links my way.  Thank you!  And on that note... Pin It

No comments: