Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Life's hard, you know (oh way oh) so strike a pose on a Cadillac...

...or in our case, a Renault Clio, because that's the car we bought to replace our stolen Fiat, which was recovered, but deemed not worth repairing because of extensive electrical damage done to the car during the break-in. What a week it's been for us! Ugh, what a YEAR! They say the first year of marriage is the hardest and for us that's definitely been true so far, but only because of all the steaming piles of poo (figurative poo, thankfully) that have been thrown our way. Starting out our life together in the middle of a deep recession has been a character-building exercise in adversity, if nothing else. Our first anniversary is in less than three months. We're both hoping for fewer bumps in the road ahead.

I'll have a post about a good cheesy broccoli soup in the next day or two. I just wanted to pop in and say hello in the meantime.

7 comments:

T said...

OMG! So sorry to hear about your car!
Tracey (oh yeah, i'm reading your blog now!)

Motownrunner said...

It's kind of comforting to hear the first year of marriage is the hardest. Shouldn't it be the best year!?? I don't get it.

Kimi said...

The first year is hard especially when you toss a few kids, a recession, a stolen car, etc into the mix.

I'm so looking forward to the soup. Hungry just hearing it mentioned, lol

Motownrunner said...

don't forget an exwife!

Suddenly Stepmom said...

Hi Tracey! Yeah, the car situation is truly lame, but it's sorted for the moment.

MaggieWags and Kim: seriously! I've always heard people say that the first year of marriage is the hardest, but I foolishly didn't think that would be the case with me and my husband. Now I'm HOPING it's the hardest because I need to look forward to better times ahead. :)

Me said...

I had a Riviera stolen from me many, many years ago. Man I loved that car. I too had to give up on it eventually though. That always bites.

Me said...

I had to go look up the fiat online as I'm primarily familiar with Chevrolet brand cars, but man, I'd cry if my fiat was stolen. What a cute little car!

I had to look up the Renault as it isn't commonly heard of in my part of the world. I hope you enjoy it.